Friday, April 30, 2010

6 months

Can you believe it has been 6 months already? That's 6 months since my son, Gabriel was born. 6 months ago when I had to say "good-bye" to him before I could say "hello".
My grief has changed. I don't cry so much anymore. But I still think of him most days.
Today though, I just really miss him. Oh how I wish I could hold him in my arms and give him a kiss. (Now, I'm making myself cry...) But with grief, I expect times like these when it's a little harder and when I miss him a little more.
However, I do have a lot going on in my life right now which helps with the "moving on" part of it.
I am 10 weeks pregnant today and so hoping this baby lives. I really don't want to have to say good-bye to this one as well as the others. But my trust is in God and that He has everything under control. No matter what happens I know, with Him, I can get through anything.
We are also in the middle of trying to buy a piece of property to move our house onto. It's a beautiful 11 acres with a barn and some out buildings. We are hoping everything will go through and we're able to close by May 20. This is something we've always wanted to do and something we've often prayed about.
I just feel a sense of God wanting to bless us right now and this is another blessing for us.
So please, still keep us in your prayers as we are still grieving the loss of our son and please pray that everything with our property situation goes smoothly. And with the new baby, that no matter what happens, my trust will still be in God and his goodness.
We are looking forward to a great 2010 full of hope, joy, and new life.
Thank you always for walking along with me in my grief and praying for us continually. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment