Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trigger...

Have you ever talked to someone in their season of grief or experienced it yourself? I'm sure if you have they would tell you there are ups and downs during the grief journey. One day you're doing fine and not really thinking too much about your loss and then there's a trigger. Something that happens that puts you right back into the heart of your grief. That is what has happened to me today.
I've been having a lot of ups lately, focusing on my daughter who is the "light" of my life right now. Her name actually means "light" which is totally appropriate for her.
Anyway, my husband was taking a nap today on the bed. I walked by him for a moment while he was sleeping and took a peek at him. I saw my husband but I also saw Gabriel. The way Daniel was sleeping, I guess, brought me back to when Gabriel was born and I got to see him. Then a flood of emotions...
It is moments like these that puts tears in my eyes and the feeling of loss becomes so intense again.
A Bible verse that I've known for so long and many people have it memorized, just came to me.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

I prayed that verse when I was in labor and giving birth to Halayna since it was really hard and painful.
Now, I'm praying that verse for different reasons. Christ will give me the strength to get through times like these. To get through this overwhelming pain of loss.
Oh Lord, how I need your strength.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, that is my favorite verse. It became my favorite after reading a book series, where one of the characters would always say, "Philippians Four-Thirteen for Pete's Sake!" And that is my life, for pete's sake. :)
    By the way, I am in LOVE with your new background. It speaks so loudly of you.
    I am so enjoying our time together, and getting to know you more. You are such a dear friend to me. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete