Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Graveside Service

I was going through Gabriel's box of memorabilia. I got a bit choked up and teary-eyed. I thought it would be nice to share some things with you.


We had a private Graveside Service for Gabriel. Here's some pictures. Sorry some are blurry.



The urn was with Grandpa's ashes. Gabriel and Grandpa Wodtke were buried together. The flowers in the vase were for Gabriel. The patriotic flowers were for Jim.








Each of us put a flower on the casket.

Daddy

Grandma


Grammy and Halayna


Papa


Halayna


Aunt Carrie


Grammy


Aunt Hyunjin


Goodbye our sweet Gabriel. Until we see you again in Heaven...

I was looking in the book that people signed at the memorial service. Here are some of what they wrote that I thought was really sweet.
"I will see you in Heaven. Love you baby Gabriel."
"The Archangel Gabriel needs some help in the heavenlies so he summoned my grandson Gabriel to join him. Can't wait to join him someday." -Papa
"Gabriel, we loved you before you were born and will be able to love you in heaven again one day."
"Gabriel will always hold a special place in all our hearts, he will be remembered always."
"Little perfect one. You really missed a wonderful family here on earth, but they know you are with our Heavenly Father, peaceful, happy and never will know a tear, pain, or sorrow. Send a little of peace to those who will miss you."

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    Thank you so much for sharing these photos. I know it really means a lot for you to make them public, and I want you to know that it means a great deal to me to have the privilege of seeing them.
    I see a lot of healing going on. In the past few months, and even the past few posts you've written. I think this is a huge step in the healing process.
    I love you more than you, know my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete